Now that you’ve synced your hotel rooms, photos and maps to Facebook using buuteeq’s free Facebook app, it’s time to give your Facebook page some tender love and care. A ‘vanity’ URL is a branded domain name. It is much nicer to send your guests to facebook.com/MyHotel instead of facebook.com/632524278327625. Facebook allows you to claim a vanity URL—or ‘username’--for your Page if you have more than 25 fans. Here’s how it works.
- From your Page, click “edit page”.
- Click “Basic Information” to the left.
- Now look at the ‘Username’ field. If you do not have 25 or more fans yet, you will see this:
- Get your friends and family to “like” your page. Once you get over 25 likes, you will be able to choose your username.
- Click 'Create a username for this page?'.
- Type in your desired username in the empty field to the right and press 'enter'. If the username is not available you will be told so. Pick a different username if this is the case.
- If the name is available, a pop-up box will appear warning you that this is a one-time decision.
WARNING—you only have one chance to choose a username to be your vanity URL, so choose wisely. You cannot change it later!
- Once you're sure that this is the username you want, click confirm.
That’s it! You can now direct guests to your new vanity Facebook URL.