Managing a Facebook presence can be a lot of work. Many companies give administrative access to their professional Facebook Page to employees. A hotel owner, for example, could make a number of employees, or even partners like buuteeq, administrators of their hotel Facebook Page, to spread around the work or to help install new applications, like buuteeq’s Facebook app. Here’s how to make someone else an administrator of your Facebook Page.
WARNING: Adding another administrator to your Facebook Page will give the person full and complete control of your Page. They can make edits, upload pictures, install apps and everything else that you can do. They can even remove you as an administrator. Be very sure that you trust the person before granting administrator privileges. Note that a new administrator can only manage your Page. They can NEVER manage, edit or modify your personal Profile.
1) After logging into your personal Facebook Profile (the differences between Profiles, Pages and Places are explained in another blog post), click on the “Pages” link in the left-hand column (you will see this column ONLY if you are on your Facebook “Home” page—not your “Profile” page). You may have to click a small “more” link in order to reveal it.
2) Select your Page from the list. If you administrate only one Page, then only one will display here.
3) Now that you are on your Page, click “edit page” in the top right.
4) Next, click “Manage Admins” from the list to the left.
5) On the resulting page, you will see a list of all the people who are administrators of your Page. To add a new one, start typing in the name of the person in the vacant type field. Note that the new admin MUST have a Facebook account and MUST be your personal Facebook friend.
6) As you are typing, you will see the name of your person appear. Select the name and click “Save Changes”.
7) Facebook will next ask you to type in your password. This is your personal Facebook Profile password—the one you used to log-in to Facebook. Type it in and click “Confirm”.
8) All done! You have now added a new administrator to your Page.