Before becoming a buuteeq customer, you may have been writing a blog on your previous website or using a third party blogging platform like Wordpress or Blogger.
Although the buuteeq Digital Marketing System is focused on driving conversions, we also know that adding fresh, relevant content is one of the best ways to increase traffic to your site in the first place. One easy way to do this is to create posts reminiscent of a blog - talking about updates at your property, events in the area or promotions or specials you might be offering.
The buuteeq platform does not allow for subscribers to your blog or an RSS feed, but it does allow you the opportunity to tell your property’s story through the Articles section of the BackOffice. There are many different ways to organize these posts.
You can use the Article builder in a traditional way under Marketing > Galleries > Articles by creating a new Collection called “Blog” or “Happenings” or anything else that seems relevant to what you would like to post about. Within that Collection, choose how you would like to organize your Articles. You could create a new Article for every new post or create Articles for every month or season and add multiple entries to each Article. Use the Article builder to add new content.
Simple with a Landing Page:
Create a landing page for your blog posts within your Collection. Like above, create a new Collection called “Blog”, “Happenings”, etc. The first Article you create will be your landing page. Every additional Article you create will be a new post, all within the same Collection. Every time you add a new post, complete the following steps in the first Article you created.
- Go to the first Article you created in your new Collection.
- Add a new Subheader - title your new post and save.
- Add a new Text/Image box. Add a thumbnail image and a bit of text to introduce the blog post.
- Open up the preview link to your site by clicking on your property name in the upper left. Go to the blog post you created.
- Copy everything after the .com of that page's URL (i.e. /blog/chaparral-park-a-s-beauty1.htm)
- Return to the BackOffice and highlight the text you want to be the hyperlink to your blog post, click on the link icon and paste the URL you copied from the preview. Choose to open in the the same window.
- If you would like your most recent posts to be at the top of the landing page, move both the subheader and the text/image box further up the page.
You will now have a landing page for all of your blog posts with hyperlinks landing to your individual blog posts.
Advanced with a Landing Page:
If you plan to post frequently and don’t want a long list of Articles to display, you can create a landing page and then use hidden articles for your blog posts. It’s a little tedious, but creates very clean, organized looking results!
Follow the steps outlined below.
Create the blog post
- Go to Marketing > Galleries > Articles
- Create a Collection called Blog Posts and click the orange down arrow and choose "Create a New Article"
- Title the Article with the name of your blog post and click the orange check mark to save
- Add blog content - a header, photos and text - however you would like to create the post
Add the blog post to the blog landing page
- Go to Marketing > Galleries > Articles
- Create a new Collection called Blog and underneath that, an Article (or open up the Collection and Article you already created if you are adding a new post)
- Add a new Header and then a new Text/Image box below. Add a thumbnail image and a bit of text to introduce the blog post
- You can highlight the text and choose the chain link icon to hyperlink the text to direct to the correct Blog Post page
***Because the individual blog post pages are hidden there is a bit of a hack to find the correct URL to link the page to. More instructions below.
Hyperlinking from landing page to individual blog post
- Go to Marketing > Channels and make sure Blog Posts is turned to orange
- Click on the property name in the upper left hand corner (underneath buuteeq BackOffice logo) to open the preview site
- Go to Blog Posts on the navigation bar and find the blog post page you want to link to
- Copy everything after the .com of that page's URL (i.e. /blog-posts/chaparral-park-a-s-beauty1.htm)
- Return to Marketing > Galleries > Articles and go back to the Blog Article landing page
- Highlight the text you would like to hyperlink, choose the link icon to hyperlink and paste the URL you copied from the preview. Choose Open in Same Window
- Return to Marketing > Channels and turn Blog Posts back to grey to turn off
You will now have a landing page for all of your blog posts with hyperlinks landing to your individual hidden blog posts for a clean, organized look.