The first step to setting up the booking engine is to create a room type for each type of room your property offers. You should have a different room type for each of the property's room that has:
- Different pricing
- Special amenities or views
- Different bed types
In the BackOffice, your room types are known as Segments. Segments are the individual accommodations available at your property.
To Add A Room Type or Segment:
- Go to Marketing > Galleries > Rooms > Room Structure
- Label the segment with the appropriate title
- Click the to add the new segment
- Click "Save"
You can drag and drop to change the order.
To Add Inventory:
You can add the number of rooms available at the property under the Physical Rooms column. A Physical Room is a room that can be reserved by a guest.
- If you have 4 Standard Kings available at the property enter the number "4" in the Physical Room column. For properties that have unique accommodations where the inventory is listed as an individual room type enter the number "1" in the Physical Rooms column.
To Set the Occupancy:
- Max Adults: Fill in the maximum number of adults in each segment.
- Max Children: Fill in the maximum number of children in each segment. If your property doesn't allow children, fill in "0".
- Max Persons: Fill in the maximum room or segment occupancy. This number cannot be less than Max Adults and Max Children.
- For example, if the King Standard can accommodate up to 3 people and any combinations of adults and children as long as the number of adults plus the number of children do not exceed 3. Max Adult is 3. Max Children is 2. Max Persons is 3. This way you can a receive a reservation with the following adult and children combinations for Standard King:
- 1 adult and 2 children
- 2 adults and 1 child
- 3 adults and no children